By: Kim Waybright

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Invitation Ornaments


I absolutely love the idea of the invitation ornaments.  I found the orginal idea on Pinterest and can be found here.  What a GREAT idea!  So, at the time, I had a few upcoming weddings I would be attending and decided to make an ornament for each of them.

The first wedding was for my husband's cousin.  It was going to be in a large barn and had a country theme with cowboy boots and lots of mason jars.  Ashley had the greatest ideas for her invitations and RSVP cards.  The invitation itself was shaped like a mason jar and the RSVP card was a postcard with mason jars on it. (I was honored to be asked to make the invitations for the bride.)  ;-D

I decided I wanted to tie the mason jar theme into the ornament as well (ordered mason jars from Michael's on Ebates and received 7% cash back).  So this is what I came up with.  I thought it came out really cute!  I decided to go with the vintage/burlap look for the gift wrap because I thought it worked well with their theme... not that it really mattered.  Haha! 


And this is another one I made for some friends of ours...


I also made them etched glasses and an etched Pyrex dish.  Check out that DIY tutorial here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid when you SHOP!!

I have earned hundreds by just using this portal to do my everyday shopping! You are going to buy it anyways... why not earn cash while doing it! We use our cash back as vacation spending money!! :D It's TOTALLY FREE!!!